Sunday, January 22, 2006

Chinatown

Here I am doing the quarterly GST reports again. I only wish it was a little more enjoyable.
Unfortunately, I've been over-fascinated by this horrendous article printed in the epoch times passed out to all passerby's near a train station at the beginning of the week. I discovered a nine-part commentary on the history and atrocities of the Chinese Communist Party. I never knew true crime could be like this. Stories of torture and dictatorship policies beyond human reason. It made me feel ill yet I could not ignore it. I guess seeing it on paper, so
black and white made my mind connect all the stories I'd heard of my grandparents fleeing China make sense. Anyhow, if you're into history, as brutal as it
may be, visit www.theepochtimes.com.au to see for yourself.


Anyhow, I had a great saturday to make up for all the lethargy I've been feeling throughout the week. Watched half of the Karate Kid (Note: I love tacky films) before rushing off to Chinatown to satisfy my curiosity of one particular store I ALWAYS gaze at en route to uni.

Nicole, Michelle and I checked out Celsius - they have awesome necklaces, absolutely gorgeous. In particular, I kept eyeing this green coloured necklace, both asymmetrical and sporting sparkly crystals at the ends. Is $59 too high a price for pretty neckwear? I'll have to think about it.We also had a thorough go through of the shops in all the little arcades of chinatown. Found these awesome robin blue furry shoes that had its very own collar (rounded like a school uniform).Also>Neon Pink shoes. Neon blue diagonal strap detailing.*sigh* If only they had my size. Damn the "last pair" syndrome. I'm sure Tina could have fit them though!


One of the most awesome parts of the day was sitting in Blue Ice with our respective mango, lychee and milk teas; whilst challenging each other to Connect Four ( which had cool green and hot pink star checkers instead of the traditional red and yellow) as well as Battleship.

Ahhh, the joys of simple board games.


I didn't leave the shopping expedition empty handed, although it would have helped if I had in order to put in towards the go-to-Tasmania-for-Easter funds.


The time for Vicki to leave had come at last, I'd heard of her plans to go work in London with Libby for a couple of months. Its a little scary how time creeps up on you like that. Nonetheless, she held a huge gathering of 31ppl at a Korean Restaurant Seoul Ria on Goulburn St in chinatown. The food was more than filling and the conversation was fantastic. I caught up with old high school chums Sarah and MJ. I also met a friend of Vickis called Stephanie whose
chosen profession was teaching; she taught grade 6 for kids who primarily had english as their second language. I think that would be uber interesting.


Disappointed that Diane didn't sit on our table for the night but there was ample time to chat later on.


Afterwards we headed over to equilibrium and the V-bar for drinks and more mingling. Jerry finally had his chance to buy me a drink after I bailed out on everyone early at Vicki's birthday drinks. Haha - I didn't mind. There was much talk on our wordly travels. I found out about the existence of "hotel" level and "backpacker" level of contiki tours. I guess you could live it up a little but still remain conservative with your spending. Jerry spoke of doing all the extreme sports in New Zealand. I'm so tempted to try skydiving and paragliding now. Must get round to it one day.


Finally got to meet the elusive James. He seems nice enough - so as long as Diane's happy, I'm happy for her. We (Sarah, myself, James and Di) had a little joyride from the carpark of World towers to Hurstville. I was fairly excited at the prospect of finally witnessing and experiencing Dianes "P-Plater" skills. I THINK she ran a red light when we initially surfaced from the labyrinth that was the world tower carpark. A little adrenalin rush to keep us all awake! :P

All in all, I was pleased that she offered to drive me home :) Twas lovely of her to make the effort to drive in unfamiliar territory post 1am in darkness.
OK - back to work. Over & out.

1 Comments:

Blogger aids said...

finally serena posts. hallelujah!! (its raining here)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home