Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm a shopaholic baby!

Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling...
Tell me baby, where did I go wrong?
I put my arms around every boy I see, it'd only remind me of you.
I went to the doctor and guess what he told me...guess what he told me...?
He said:- "Girl you'd better try to have fun no matter what you do!"
Well he's a fool.....


I love that song.
It surprised me to learn that Prince did the original; because no cover could be better.

Lately, I've turned to retail therapy. While it appalls me to have such a low bank balance, it brings me joy to own such pretty things which beckon for my attention.

Take the past few thursday nights for instance (not to mention weekends!)

Last week I went shopping with Aidy on Pitt St.
He managed to secure a cool lime green jumper (yay! a colour other than blue for once!); but I suspect there was only closure to the night once I'd went and bought something too.
It's unbalanced when you're the only person spending your precious hard-earned money.

We ended up in JB Hi-Fi - the bane to music/movie/game lovers. How can one resist near-dirt cheap DVD's that you couldn't help but watch countless times?

Once you delve into a film, or into a song - there's no coming back. My imagination takes me places that seem more exciting/ dangerous/ romantic and manifests itself in my vivid dreams.

So I ended up with:-
1. Dirty Dancing
2. The Breakfast Club, and (gasp! sween you boring bean)
3. The Terminal.

Each special in their own way.

The first to make me dance; the second to make me dance (oh Emilio - I love it when you punch and kick around whilst high on herbs) and the third to make me laugh.
To tell you the truth - I don't even KNOW where Khazhikstan is on the world map!

Tonight, I fulfilled my wish to get MORE shoes.
Suede Aqua flats to be precise. I've been eyeing them in the window of Zomp all season, and I've even tried them on before. No doubt Tina was sick of me just trying and not buying.
Ahhh - but you see - if you have a destiny with something - then its bound to happen.

Tina and I went into Myers and tried on half the dresses Cue had to offer.
I could tell the sales girl was all excited. We were her life size dress-up dolls and she had so many suggestions to make.
I left empty handed although my mind was lured by a gorgeous form-fitting black dress with buttons which would make any button-admiring person drool.
Incidentally, I purchased the same pair of sparkly heels from Chinatown as Tina on a separate occasion. Birds of a feather...??

Now I'm tired. I've just finished yet another quarterly instalment of MYOB for the parentals. Of whom I'm very proud in fact - they've proved that they CAN change their lifestyle for the better to include daily exercise and a better diet. I just hope it isnt' too late to rid them of their maladies.

Its always easier when you've got someone to motivate you by your side.

Thanks Daisy for being my swimming buddy....
I've learned that I can do it on my own but being blind as a bat I see nothing and am oblivious to all except the sensation of that chemically enhanced water sliding across my skin.

I am a pretend fish.

A slow one albeit.

It's past my bedtime and there is a long day ahead involving self-development plans for work. HELP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home